Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People
The Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People (SCYP) was founded in 2017 by the Government of Hungary.
The Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is managed by the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and for the Hungary Helps Program. The Hungary Helps Agency is in charge of coordinating the Scholarship Programme since August 2020.
The core mission of the SCYP is to provide opportunities to pursue higher education studies in Hungarian host institutions for Christian youth living in crisis regions of the world or being threatened in their countries because of their faith.
For detailed information about the scholarship, please head over to the Hungary Helps website: About the Programme - Hungary Helps (gov.hu)
- For actual deadlines, please visit Apply - Hungary Helps (gov.hu)
- Online application form
- Motivation Letter
- Approved recommendation
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translation in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical certificate
- Copy of Identification Document
- Acceptance of Statement for Application
- Citizenship in one of the following partner countries: Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Republic of Armenia and Nigeria
- Official recommendation from the local Christian church
- Being at least 18 years of age at the beginning of your scholarship studies or reaching the age of 18 by 31 August of the year of the specified application deadline
- English language proficiency certificate (see the acceptable ones here: https://international.pte.hu/admission/entry-requirements#language%20requirements)
- PhD programs are only accessible if you have completed your BSc/MSc studies in this Scholarship Program
- If you have further questions, you can contact the following departments:
- International Office: contact (for entry requirements / questions about the Faculty of Sciences / entrance interviews)
- Unversity’s Scholarship Office: konya.bence (for more complicated issues / about the application procedure)
- Hungary Helps: scyp (technical difficulties / about the application and nomination procedure)