A student, who has got already admitted to the Faculty of Sciences, can submit a Credit Transfer Request to the Credit Transfer Committee together with a Transcript and detailed subject descriptions - so-called syllabus - certified by the higher education institution where a student was attended previously. The credit shall be recognized if there is a 75 % overlap between the compared knowledge contents. Those courses whose credits were recognized got an exemption. The submitted request will be judged by the Credit Transfer Committee of the Faculty.
Steps of the Credit Transfer procedures
If you have credits from your previous studies (studies completed or not), this is the procedure you should follow:
1. Check the Curriculum of your major at the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs. In case you do not find your specific curriculum in Neptun, please, ask your department’s academic coordinator.
2. You check the list of already completed courses and compare them to the ones in our curriculum. If you find a match, those are the credits you can try to transfer. The credit shall be recognized if there is a 75 % overlap between the compared knowledge contents.
3. Fill out the Application Form. And you need to enclose ALL Transcripts and/or grade books and detailed subject descriptions of your previous studies. All transcripts and course descriptions MUST BE certified by the higher education institution where you as a student were attended.
4. Submit the form and documents to the Registrar’s Front Office no later than the end of the third week of the semester. Check the certain deadline in the Academic Calendar.
5. The submitted request will be judged by the Credit Transfer Committee (CTC) of the Faculty.
Please be aware that the curriculum you have studied at previous Universities might differ from the one we offer. Thus, the transfer is not guaranteed based on the course title, the detailed course descriptions will be analyzed.
6. In case of acceptance, you do not have to register for those courses again, the credits will be transferred automatically.
7. Finally, you will receive a decision as a resolution from the CTC.