The completion of professional practice during the programme has been obligatory since 2010, according to the Training and Outcome Requirements (TOR). The practice can be finished in one run (during the summer), or in separate periods (in one-week units at least). The place can either be one of the University’s training establishments (university campus, government, laboratory, training school etc.) or an external company, chosen by the student and approved by his/her educating University institute. The completion of the practice shall be proved by the student’s appropriate certificate and a referral. This referral is evaluated by the head of the programme, or a teacher appointed by him/her. The completed practice shall be administered to the electronic study system by the Registrar’s Office.
The professional practice is a requirement to obtain the pre-degree certificate (absolutorium)!
Corresponding regulations, formulas
- Dean’s Order regarding compulsory professional practice at the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes of the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs (dean’s order 3/2019 (VIII.01.))
- Appendix 1: Professional practice requirements of the programmes, in the case of term and method
- Appendix 2: Application formula and Letter of acceptance for professional practice (English)
- Appendix 3: Certificate of completion for professional practice (English)
- Appendix 4: Name list of institutional coordinators of professional practice
Tasks, process of completion
- The student decides the place and time frame (one-week periods at least) of the professional practice. Responsible person/authority: Student
- The student fills out the application form and has it filled out by the place of professional practice as well, and then he/she gives it to the RO at least 30 days before the beginning of the practice. Responsible person/authority: Student
- The head of the programme, or the appointed teacher evaluates the referral. Responsible person/authority: Student and Teacher.
- The student hands the certificate and referral to the Registrar’s Office. Responsible person/authority: Student
- The Registrar’s Office administers the completion in the electronic study system. Responsible person/authority: Registrar’s Office
Information to potential places of professional practice
The agreement of cooperation to be signed between the University of Pécs (PTE) and the institute/company of professional practice is issued by PTE, based on the application and acceptance formula (Appendix 2) submitted by the student. We inform the professional practice facilities that agreements issued preliminarily, without consulting with PTE are not acceptable. The documents below are only available for the purpose of informing the professional practice facility.
Teachers responsible for the evaluation of the professional practice referrals
- Institute of Geography and Earth Sciences:
- Geography: Dr. Róbert Tésits associate professor
- Earth Sciences: Dr. Krisztina Sebe associate professor
Institute of Chemistry: Prof. Dr. László Kollár full professor
Computer Science BSc: Tamás Kiss-Vincze assistant lecturer