Institute of Sport Sciences and Physical Education
- Duration of training: 4 semesters (120 Credits)
- Deadline of application: 30/June
- Starting date: 1/ September (autumn intake only)
- Tuition Fee: 4000 Euro/semester
- Non-refundable application fee: 140 Euro
- Head of the program: Márta WILHELM full professor
Description of the programme:
The aim of the Recreation MSc study program is to train and educate professionals who gain theoretical and practical knowledge that make them able to support wisely all aspects of recreation of healthy people. Professionals who could personally facilitate consumers how to spend sport and cultural leisure time, choose travel destinations and use various types of health-oriented hotel services. They are also involved in the rehabilitation of health-impaired people under medical supervision, during which they can be restored to their full or partial capacity. They have the appropriate knowledge to continue their studies in a doctoral training.
Why study Recreation MSc at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Pécs?
Studying in Pécs, Baranya County gives the perfect surrounding for recreational studies. Hills, vineyards, spas, historical and cultural sites, World Heritage spot serve as perfect indoor and outdoor activity environments with sport organizations, hotels and eco-parks. The city is a multicultural, multilingual place with high standard teaching and scientific background.
- Demonstrated evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. Certified B2 intermediate English knowledge
- Motivation Letter
- CV in English
- Transcript of previous studies (and their English translation)
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) from 3000 to 3500 characters
- The payment receipt of the application fee of 140 €
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B and HIV test)
- Obtained BSc degree as follows:
|BSc degree from the training field of Exercise and Sport Science||Full credit value counting. No extra credit is needed.|
|In case the BSc degree was obtained from the training field of Tourism or Physiotherapist the enrollment into the master's degree program is conditional||The minimum number of credits required to enter Master's program is 50 credits from the listed area as below:
- at least 10 credits from Sport Science subjects
- at least 10 credits from Health Science subjects
- at least 15 credits from Pedagogical and Psychological subjects
- at least 15 credits from Social Science subjects
|If the applicant could not collect the minimum 50 credits, it is required from the applicant to have at least 30 credits in the listed areas based on his/her previous studies. And the missing credits must be obtained and completed during the master studies as specified in the Code of Studies and Examinations of the University of Pécs.|
After you have submitted/uploaded all the required documents, a professor from the Institute of Sport Sciences and Physical Education will contact you to suggest a date for a Skype interview.
Typical questions that can come up during the interviews:
- Why did you choose the University of Pécs?
- Do you sport something? What do you train?
- What was the topic of your BSc diploma and what grade did you get for your Theses defence?
- What do you think what is health and healthy lifestyle?
- How could you describe recreation?
- What is your opinion about health promotion?
- Could you tell the current mainstream direction in recreation and fitness?
- What do you think what is the relation between health and tourism?
- 1st year
- Applied Physiology
- Nutritional physiology
- The practice, training system and research methods of individual sports
- Hotel activities and sports movements with music (fitness, aerobics, body shape forming)
- Biomechanics and movement analysis
- Introduction to recreation theory (theory and methodology of recreation, introduction to communication, management of recreation, mathematics and statistics)
- 2nd year
- Recreation of disabled and disadvantaged
- Sports tourism and research methodology
- Basics of internal medicine, cardiology (Medicinal studies I.)
- Sport and social sciences (sports pedagogy)
- Design and management of tourism product
- Alternative medicine
- The practice, training system and research methods of sport games
- Diploma Work Practice
Future Job Opportunities:
- Fitness centre manager
- Outdoor activities/education manager
- Sports coach
- Sports development officer
- Theme park manager
- Customer service manager
- Event manager
- Sports administrator
- Tourism officer
- Tourist information centre manager
- Summer Camp Instructure
- cinema and entertainment complexes
- fitness and leisure centres
- hotels and accommodation facilities
- event management companies - producing festivals, concerts, exhibitions and corporate or private parties
- leisure management consultancies - providing advice to the public and private sector on how best to manage their sports and leisure facilities.
Application procedure: see How to apply
Phone: +36 72 503-600/24283