On site sport facilities with sport-court, gyms, atheletic and football field, and swimming pool, great student-teacher ratio, valid degree all over the EU, highly qualified and internationally recognised professors, up to date knowledge, friendly classroom atmopshere, personal interactions with the teachers, flexible and high quality education
Exercise and Sport Science Training Field
Qualification: Physical Trainer
- Duration of training: Full-time 3 years/6 semesters (180 Credits)
- Deadline of application: 30/June
- Starting date: 1/ September (autumn intake only)
- Tuition Fee: 5000Euro/ academic year (consists 2 semesters)
- Non-refundable application fee: 140 Euro
- Head of the program: Marta WILHELM full professor
- Academic Coordinator: Tamas ATLASZ PhD associate professor
Description of the programme:
The general aim of the program is to train students to become coaches. Trainers who gain a well-established theoretical and practical knowledge and skills to be able to plan and implement training sessions for junior players, youth and adult athletes, too. Coaches who become responsible to select athletes, improve and guide their personality and to enhance their performance.
The curriculum is organized in five modules: team and individual sports, medical aspects of sport, social aspects of sport, sport sciences, and professional practice. Each module has approximately 5-10 subjects. Students participate in internships every semester. During the first three semesters as a visitor then later they are asked to conduct and lead workouts alongside with the teachers. The subjects are presented in lectures, seminars, practices, and laboratory work, too.
- High motivation for active sport
- Obtained High School leaving certificate
- Good grades in Biology and Physical Education/Sports
- Demonstrated evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency
- Sport specialization selection (see the list below)
You must choose one sport specialization at the time of the application!
- Fencing (will only start in case of a sufficient number of applicants)
- Pentathlon (will only start in case of a sufficient number of applicants)
All other sport is considered individually!
After you have submitted/uploaded all the required documents, a colleague
member from the Institute of Sport Science and Physical Education - usually a
student-friendly and erudite professor - will make a contact you to make an
appointment and set a date with you for a Skype interview.
Topics that usually come up during the interviews: Basics of Anatomy; Basics of Physiology; Your Sport and School Background
- 1st year
- Introduction to Psychology
- Anatomy I-II.
- Sport theory and practice
- Human Biology
- Introduction of Research Methods in Science
- 2st year
- Leading and practice of training
- Physiology I-II
- Basics of individual sports (Basics of athletics, Swimming, football etc.)
- Sport psychology
- Physical Education Games
- 3st year
- Outdoor activities (recreational sports and games)
- Sport Management
- Performance Testing
- Programs of Youth Sports
- Prevention, Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation
- Sport Injuries
- Thesis (consultations and writing)
Further Education Opportunities:
- Recreation MSc
- Sports Coaching MSc
- Adapted Physical Education MSc
Future Job Opportunities:
The obtained sport science and profession entitles you to any jobs that require sport knowledge and competences in the field of leisure sports and/or competing sport. Various sport services, such as personal training, winter- summer sport training; organizing, conducting and animating sport camps and events as well as different levels of competition sports are available as job vacancies.
Application procedure: see How to apply
Phone: +36 72 503-600/24283