We will post information about the coronavirus emergency in the following - constantly updated - feed. Please read it carefully and follow it regularly.
You are kindly asked to get in contact with all Faculty members primarily electronically in email.
Short link to the constantly updated news feed: www.ttk.pte.hu/en/covid
2 Sep 2021 11:22am
Dean's Order on the rules to be applied in the event of a state emergency due to a coronavirus pandemic - MODIFIED
Dean’s Order no. 12/2020 (12/11) on the rules to be applied in the event of a state emergency due to a coronavirus pandemic at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Pécs (amendments are integrated) (The amendment was made on 31st August 2021.)
11 Dec 2020 7:48am
Dean’s Order on special rules of examination, thesis and diploma work defence in a distance learning system
Dean’s Order no. 14/2020 (08/12) on special rules of examination, thesis and diploma work defence in a distance learning system to be applied in the event of a state emergency due to Covid-19 pandemic at the Faculty of Sciences
Dean’s Order on the rules to be applied in relation with the submission of thesis
Dean’s Order no. 13/2020 (17/11) on the rules to be applied in relation with the submission of thesis in the event of a state emergency due to a coronavirus pandemic at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Pécs
17 Nov 2020 4:02pm
Dean's Order on the rules to be applied in the event of a state emergency due to a coronavirus pandemic
10 Nov 2020 3:13pm
Dean’s Order on certain rules in the field of education and conduct - MODIFIED
Dean’s Order no. 9/2020 (27/08) on certain rules in the field of education and conduct applicable during the state of emergency initiated because of the COVID-19 Pandemic in the 2020/21 Academic Year at the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs (The present order was amended on 10th November 2020.) This order is repealed by Dean's Order no. 12/2020 (12/11)
4 Sep 2020 11:43am
Dean’s Order on certain rules in the field of education and conduct
Dean’s Order no. 9/2020 (27/08) on certain rules in the field of education and conduct applicable during the state of emergency initiated because of the COVID-19 Pandemic in the 2020/21 Academic Year at the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs This order is repealed by Dean's Order no. 12/2020 (12/11)
12 May 2020 12:53pm
Dean’s Order on special rules of examination, thesis and diploma work defence
University of Pécs, Faculty of Sciences, Dean’s Order no. 4/2020 (V./09.) on special rules of examination, thesis and diploma work defence in distance learning system at the Faculty of Sciences during the state of emergency initiated because of the COVID-19 Pandemic
27 April 2020 12:22pm
Actual information – Important regulations for the current semester
I would like to draw your attention to some important and actual information below:
- The Senate of the University of Pécs has changed the Code of Studies and Examinations – here you can find a few highlighted points out of it:
- during the time of emergency, students can submit their requests related to their studies from their email address which is recorded in the NEPTUN
- students can request subsequent temporary termination (passivation) for spring semester until 30th April 2020
- registered courses during this Spring Semester can be dropped until 8th May 2020
- There is no need to submit thesis/diploma work in a printed form in the current semester. It should be uploaded ONLY to NEPTUN until 11th May 2020. No further deadline extension is possible.
- The Senate of the University of Pécs has modified the Code of Charges and Benefits, according to no late fee will be charged in case of late payment of the tuition in this semester.
- For the attention of graduating students:
- As it was mentioned above thesis/diploma work should be uploaded ONLY to NEPTUN until 11th May 2020, without paying a late fee, although no further extension is acceptable. Computer Science BSc students will be notified at a later time regarding the uploading of their written software.
- Defence of the thesis can be carried out either online or in-person based on the decision of the Institute. Further information will be provided at a later time.
- Final exams will be carried out in person – further information will be provided about it at a later time.
- Final exams, differently from the original schedule, will be held between 22nd June and 3rd July.
- Application deadline for the final exam is 22nd May 2020, till 24:00. The application can be done only in NEPTUN.
Steps of how to apply in the Neptun for Final Exam:
- Log in to Neptun. Choose Administration and then click on 'Final Exams' line.
- In the pop-up window, you will see the final exam period for June. Click on „+” then „Application/Modify application”
- In the pop-up window you will receive information and confirmation on your successful application.
- Application deadline for defence a thesis (BSC) / diploma work (MSc) is until 11th May 2020, and it should be done via Neptun, too. The application procedure of the thesis defence is the same as the final exam application.
- The Graduation Ceremony will certainly not be held at the original date (5th July). No decision has yet been made on the possible holding of the ceremony at a later date
Head of the Registrar’s Office
21 April 2020 3:45pm
Admission - update
The administrative process of admission to the University of Pécs continues despite the COVID-19 virus alert.
16 April 2020 8:26am
Notification about the validity period of residence documents
We hereby inform you, that due to the epidemiological situation the validity period of the issued residence documents, permanent residence and immigration permits - except for the short-term visa and entry visa for receiving a residence permit - is automatically extended until the 45th day after the end of the emergency phase.
This concerns the following documents which were valid till 2400 on the 6th of April 2020. or expired on that day:
- Permanent residence card
- Residence card issued to third-country national family member of a Hungarian citizen
- Permanent residence card for EEA nationals
- Residence permit
- Immigration permit
- Permanent residence permit
- Interim permanent residence permit
- EC permanent residence permit
- National permanent residence permit
This does not concern the residence documents which have already been expired.
Please note that the the above mentioned residence documents have to be extended 30 days before their expiry date, so the application for the extension has to be submitted within 15 days after the end of the emergency phase.
We kindly request you not to submit applications for the extension of the above mentioned residence documents at present.
The valid residence documents only enable the owner to the previously acquired rights, and are only automatically extended if all required conditions for the residence document are unchanged.
In case the required conditions for the issued residence document change (e.g. change of employer, change of position within the company, or e.g. a student would like to strart working) then it is necessary to submit an application for a new type of residence permit or to apply for the extension of the valid residence permit.
Please note that in case the conditions for acquiring the residence document stated by the law are no longer met it will still result in the withdrawal of the residence document.
18 March 2020 2:54pm
Useful information and advices for students from the Student Union of the University of Pécs
It became clear today that the novel coronavirus epidemic is entering the group infection phase, meaning that the new source of infection concerning the newly identified cases cannot be determined with certainty. Younger people often produce mild symptoms or can even be symptom-free carriers of the virus, therefore – considering the peculiar virulence of the disease – may pose significant threat to the elders of our community. Consequently, it is our responsibility to protect our loved ones and pay special attention to our environment!
It is crucial to comply with the preventive medical measures, to pay attention to hygiene, abstain from visiting public places and not to organize social events of more than 5 people.
We respectfully ask you suspend any form of travel, and only leave your residence of it is mandatory (for example to procure your basic necessities).
Concerning the situation above, we collected the procedures and recommendations of Hungarian authorities, that are easily adaptable and considerably lowers the risk of spreading the infection.
Useful information and advices:
- Do not go to high infection risk environments! That is the reason it is crucial not to travel but to stay at home!
- Avoid close contact with a person who might be infected! For example with someone recently visiting high-risk territories!
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly! As far as possible, clean your hands with soap or with hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol! Pay attention to the parts under the nail and between fingers!
- Ventilate and let in fresh air regularly! Concerning every closed space.
- While coughing or sneezing, cover your nose and mouth with a tissue, then throw away the tissue and wash your hands!
- Avoid contact with people, who are coughing or showing respiratory symptoms!
- Avoid all types of contact with those, who have a fever!
- Do not use masks unless producing respiratory symptoms (coughing, sneezing). Masks are made to prevent the user from getting others sick.
- Avoid the habitual greeting forms such as handshakes, kissing or hugging!
- Pay special attention to strengthening your immune system, via consuming sufficient amount of vitamins!
In case you have been visiting an infected territory recently, or you are unsure about your health status, we respectfully advise – in protection of your environment and your loved ones – to submit to voluntary quarantine for a period of 14 days. The guidelines regarding the magisterial and voluntary quarantine are the following.
Magisterial or voluntary home quarantine
We would like to emphasize that if you are involved in obligatory magisterial quarantine, the violation of the quarantine could entail serious legal consequences!
Those in quarantine cannot leave their residence until the epidemiological surveillance (14 days) lasts. You may not receive any guests. You are instructed to use you and clean your own household utensils (plates, glasses, cutlery etc.) and clothes properly. You are obliged to contact the general practitioner (GP) or the doctor in duty via telephone if you notice fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath) and have to follow the instructions provided by the doctors.
Stay informed from authentic and trustworthy sources!
Follow the professional advises and instructions of the authorities!
Share the authentic and trustworthy information with your friends!
Reducing the spread of the virus is our common responsibility! We are asking you to keep to and comply with the suggestions and instructions provided above responsibly!
PTE Hotline (+36 30 577 3764)
We advise you to contact the University Hotline in case you have questions regarding the coronavirus or if you are noticing specific symptoms. The hotline staff will provide you with instructions based on health provision protocols.
Stay at home, take care of each other!
The Student Union of the University of Pécs
16 March 2020 5:55pm
Dean’s Order No. 1/2020
Dear International Students,
I would like to inform you that the „Dean’s Order No. 1/2020 (III.16.) on the execution of measures adopted by the action plan of the University of Pécs, Faculty of Sciences on handling the emergency situation caused by the novel coronavirus” has been issued today and available via the following link: www.ttk.pte.hu/en/students/codes-and-guidelines
I would like to ask every citizen of the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs to respect and follow the instructions of the action plan!
Also, I hereby inform you that our colleagues are being prepared to choose among the suitable information packages on the IT systems available for distance learning purposes in the upcoming days. All students shall receive an email via NEPTUN education system service from the instructor of each subject taken in his/her curriculum. These messages will be sent to your email address registered in the NEPTUN system not later than 20 March 2020.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
I also would like to ask you to check te homepage www.ttk.pte.hu/coronavirus frequently.
Dr. Attila Horváth
Dean of UPFS
16 March 2020 8:58am
Dear International Students,
The concise recommendation of the UPFS is not to travel abroad in the upcoming weeks!
Public transport, flights and airports are probably the most dangerous places at this moment (confined places, huge number of people). For this and other reasons we highly recommend not to travel back to your home country or any other places outside the city. Not even during your free time. If you decide to travel, we cannot guarantee that you can come back to Hungary and Pécs which might put an end of your studies in this semester. Even if you manage to return back to Hungary you will have to follow the regulations valid at the time regarding self-isolation/quarantine.
We suggest that you use the time during this period for learning, education purposes and further training. For the upcoming period - following the one-week spring break - a distance learning system will be established and communicated among our students.
Remember, that those who already have left the country went and willing to returning back are obliged to inform the UPFS, stay at home, call the corresponding hotline (+36 30 577 3764) and follow strictly the instructions obtained.
All of us must avoid public places!
Please keep in mind that everyone is personally responsible for the compliance of the abovementioned, not keeping them is considered infringement and the endangerment of others.
Dean of UPFS
13 March 2020 11:28am
Information on the resolutions of today's meeting of the UP Operative Crew
The UP Operative Crew was established based on the Action Plan of the University of Pécs on the protection against the spread of coronavirus which was accepted by the Rector's Leadership Meeting. The Operative Crew held its inaugural meeting and made the following resolutions.
Informationen über die am heutigen Tag getroffenen Entscheidungen der Operativen Besatzung
Besatzung Anhand des an der Sitzung der Rektoratsleitung angenommenen Maßnahmenplans der Universität Pécs über den Schutz gegen der Verbreitung des Coronavirus ist die Operative Besatzung der UP entstanden, sie hat ihre Eröffnungssitzung gehalten und folgende Beschlüsse erfasst.
12 March 2020 3:44pm
Spring break from 16 to 22 March 2020
Please be informed that, due to the state of emergency declared by the Government, I reschedule the spring semester of the academic year 2019/2020 at every Faculty of the University of Pécs and order spring break from 16 March 2020 to 22 March 2020.
Please note that according to Article 4. b) of the Government Decree 41/2020 (III.11.), students are prohibited from entering the premises of higher education institutions!
To protect the health of the University community, please do not travel abroad and stay where you are during the spring break. International students are allowed to stay in the dormitories.
I also inform you that during the state of emergency, all administrative matters will be handled electronically.
If you have any questions, please write to covid19.
Dr. Attila Miseta
11 March 2020 8:49pm
Educational break from 12 to 14 March 2020
You have probably been informed that the Government of Hungary announced emergency for the whole country due to the COV19 outbreak. In accordance with this, measures regarding higher educational institutions were also introduced.
I order full educational break in the current situation for March 12, March 13 and March 14, 2020 (Rector's Order No. 1/2020).
Please do not attend the University's facilities and premises until further provisions.
Further information will be issued tomorrow.
Dr. Attila Miseta
11 March 2020 12:37pm
Due to the epidemiological situation regarding the spread of the coronavirus, hereby we inform you of the following.
Due to the epidemiological situation regarding the spread of the coronavirus, hereby we inform you of the following.
There is still no one infected with the coronavirus among the University’s students and staff. You can find information about the assumed spread of the infection, the affected areas according to the infection’s epidemiological concept by clicking on the links below:
In case you have visited an infected area in the past 14 days and you do not have any symptoms, please stay at home for two weeks, monitor yourself, and register your stay abroad information on the following website:
If you suddenly develop symptoms of an acute respiratory infection (fever, sore throat, depression, cough, shortness of breath), you will only be suspected of being infected by the coronavirus if you have been in close contact with a coronavirus patient within 14 days prior to the date of symptoms or you have been to an area in 14 days prior to the date of symptoms where the spread of the coronavirus is suspected or confirmed in the community.
If, based on the above, there is a suspicion of the coronavirus infection, please proceed as follows:
- stay at home,
- call the UP’s hotline immediately, established by the UP’s professionals exclusively for UP students returning from abroad: +36 30 577 3764,
- follow the doctor’s instructions.
Everyone is personally responsible for complying with the above provisions; failure to do so is considered infringement and endangering others.
Absences for the purpose of staying at home for 14 days (voluntary quarantine) because of complying with the necessary health measures are not considered as uncertified absences.
In case of your absence from the classes, please register on the following website:
In the coming days, we will provide you with information on the completion requirements of the semester’s academic obligations.
The above information and action plan refers to the current situation, which may be revised and adapted to a new situation by the UP Operational Crew if necessary.
Please pay special attention to our information letters on the current tasks, in which we will keep sharing relevant information.
Please be advised that our School is doing everything to manage the situation properly. Please help the effectiveness of the protection with your responsible behaviour by following these guidelines:
- Wash hands thoroughly and frequently with warm water and soap.
- Use hand sanitizer.
- Limit the forms of greeting requiring contact (handshake, kiss, etc.).
- Do not rub your eyes or touch your face.
- Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Apply cough hygiene rules. Dispose of the used tissues in a dustbin.
- Disinfect frequently used objects, surfaces (computer keyboards, door handles, phones, etc.).
- Ventilate as often as possible.
- If possible, avoid crowds during travelling and leisure activities.
Please note that we provide hand disinfection facilities in the public areas and bathrooms of the UP MS and we will keep you informed of any changes in the epidemiological situation.
The operation of the University, in compliance with these rules – until further notice - is operational and continuous!
Additionally, please be advised that information on the coronavirus is continuously updated on the following website: http://aok.pte.hu/coronavirus-en.
Dr. József Betlehem
Vice Rector for General Affairs, Connections and Strategic Affairs
Dr. Miklós Nyitrai
Dean of UPMS